Sunday 4 August 2013

How Sweet to be a Cloud|Photo Post


Clouds with bright sun






Clouds with trees






















So clouds? Oh those white or gray fluffy things in the sky which we have way to many of in England! Yes. Exactly. Those things. And maybe this is a bit of a dull thing to have a whole post about. Honestly, I've never really been one to take in what the clouds are doing at any given time and I'm certainly not one to understand what that demonstrates scientifically or in terms of the weather. At this point you can just stop reading and look at the pictures if you want but I just want to write a few things about why on earth I'm filling my new blog with pictures of clouds.
Dramatic clouds
Light clouds over Suffolk sea





























Its really been a combination of two things:
Its mainly just been taking more interest in photographing what I see has naturally lead me to notice, and therefore try to capture, more detail in the world and particularly in those parts of it which we tend to ignore because we see them so much.
Contrasting coloured clouds
White fluffy clouds over hedge





























The second thing, and the thing which made me want to actually compile these pictures into a post was watching Whiskey Galore. 'Wait what does an amusing Ealing Comedy about a Whiskey-obsessed fictional, scottish Island have to do with posting pictures of clouds on the internet?' you ask. Or you do if you've watched it (if not you certainly won't regret watching it now and doing so may considerably improving your quality of life). The black and white clouds (combined with the beautiful Scottish scenery) brought out the contrast of the clouds and made me wonder what pictures I could take of clouds. I wanted to insert the picture in Whiskey Galore where I thought the clouds were most effective but I haven't been able to find an image of it. Anyway to demonstrate my point about black and white clouds I'm putting two of my pictures into black and white here:
Black and white clouds with trees

Dramatic black and white clouds



























Hope you enjoyed the pictures. If you didn't you could tell me what you'd like to see improved in the comments below. If you did and would like to see more from me you can subscribe receive my posts by email ( in > direction!), or follow my twitter or like my facebook page to keep updated.
Until next time...

Dark sunset clouds with tree silhouette
Clouds over setting sun

No comments:

Post a Comment